March was a good reading month! 4 ebooks + 1 audiobook. Of course, this is all calm before the storm coming the end of April when I’ll have an ARC review scheduled one per week if I want to keep up with publishing dates…. I…maybe have been a little too gung-ho on NetGalley these past several months haha. Nevertheless, I have full faith in myself to keep up with such a tight schedule and not manage to burn out.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern- 4/5
- Loved the storytelling with a slight horror element mixed with wonder, but the ending felt really selfish
A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers- 5/5
- I literally cried reading this. So fun, so touching, and hit just a little too close to my own anxieties. Definitely checking out more Becky Chambers in the future
The Ones We’re Meant to Find by Joan He- 4.5/5
- Loved this! I wish the author went a little further into the eco-dystopia but my god the feels and plot twists. So so good.
Vengeful by VE Schwab – 5/5
- Terrible people doing terrible things! Not quite as good as the first book but still so good. Schwab’s writing is really snappy and I adore Victor Vale with all my heart
Darling by K Ancrum- 4/5
- Fun yet Increasingly creepy contemp novel as Wendy tries to go to a party until holy shit the twist
Books in Progress:
The Jasmine Throne by Tasha Suri – 15%
- A slow start but I’m loving the worldbuilding right now. main two leads just met for the first time so I’m looking forward to the gray sapphics portion
The Dragon of Jin-Sayeng by KS Villoso – 12%
- I adore this series but I very much Do Not like being in Tali’s head. Too much….self doubt? Angst? Daddy issues? All of the above and more? Regardless, I’m really looking forward to seeing how this series ends
C Language Cultivation by 一十四洲 – ch86
- A meme-y BL webnovel about a programmer who accidentally becomes a cultivator, but fights demons using the C programming language, and also gets a boyfriend along the way. Absolutely fantastic and the quotes make my CS friends twitch
Thousand Autumns by 梦溪石 – ch69
- Pure-hearted, righteous cultivator loses everything and accidentally becomes frenemies with the most powerful demonic cultivator, then later marries said demonic cultivator. The emotional points aren’t hitting as hard as I’d expected but the characters are great
A Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Roseanne A Brown- 49%
- Love the worldbuilding though the story feels a little…generic? It’s not the best word but the characters don’t really interest me. Really curious to see how the gods get incorporated into this.
Reviews written for books read this month found above