I actually read books again this month! Turns out having ARC deadlines is a really strong motivator for reading books! Aside from books with ARC deadlines…… okay yeah I’m being lazy. In other news, I participated in my first Blog Tour! I’m moving up in the blogging world hahaha. Jokes aside, I really enjoyed my time and it was great to get to contribute to promoting this book and it’s fantastic author Kay, and I loved getting the chance to draw art for the tour!
The Ikessar Falcon by KS Villoso – 4/5
- Fantastic sequel to The Wolf of Oren-Yaro that fans will not want to miss. I’m super happy that I was able to take part in Caffeine Book’s Blog Tour for this book and get the chance to contribute both a review and artwork
Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse – 5/5
- I had no expectations and I was blown away by how this book was? Super gripping writing, fascinating characters, and fast-paced action plus THAT CLIFF HANGER!??!?!
Unconquerable Sun by Kate Elliot – 4/5
- Was expecting something more along the lines of A Memory Called Empire or Ancillary Justice, but after the slow beginning, I did enjoy the breakneck action and I’m definitely interested in seeing where this gender-bent Alexander the Great in Space AU goes.
Books in Progress:
Magic Bites by Illona Andrews
- Picked this up after discord recs (multiple people) and I’m just.. not digging it. The plot points are super repetitive and the writing feels very fanfiction-y
To Hold Up the Sky by Liu Cixin
- LCX’s new short story collection and it’s for sure got some of my favorite short stories of all times. Very grounded and human for a scifi short story collection, and very very sciency
All reviews since like….June? July? There’s a lot here cuz I’m slow
- The House of Shattered Wings by Aliette de Bodard – 4.5/5
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black – 3/5
- The Tyrant Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson- 4/5
- To Sleep in a Sea of Stars (Partial ARC) by Christopher Paolini – 3/5
- Phoenix Extravagent by Yoon Ha Lee – 4/5
- The Ikessar Falcon by KS Villoso – 4/5 + Fanart